Charity number 259140
- Bradford Alhambra Theatre
- 29 September - 2 October
- Box office: 01274 432 000
- Woking New Victoria Theatre
- 5 - 9 October
- Box office: 0844 871 7645
- Aylesbury Waterside Theatre
- 12 - 16 October
- Box office: 0844 871 7607
Northern Ballet Theatre's Swan Lake is nothing less than an absolutely marvellous achievement and an unforgettable experience.
YORKSHIRE EVENING POST
Northern Ballet Theatre present their haunting and romantic adaptation of Swan Lake, danced to Tchaikovsky's timeless score.
In New England in the early twentieth century, a wealthy college boy lives with his parents on a luxurious lakeside estate. In his last summer of innocence the young man finds himself struggling to cope as his relationships with his closest friends, Odilia and Simon, begin to change. One night, as he lingers by the lake, he is drawn into the world of a beautiful swan-like creature who becomes an obsession. Events reach a climax at his birthday party when, confused by the advances of Simon, he becomes bewitched by a suddenly transformed Odilia, setting the inescapable tragedy of this Swan Lake in motion.
Sets and costumes capture the elegance of the period and conjure the atmosphere of a long hot summer. With Tchaikovsky's breathtaking music played live by the Northern Ballet Theatre Orchestra, this beautiful Swan Lake brings audiences a moving story of betrayal and all-encompassing love.
Running Time: 2hrs 40mins
- Choreographer and Director: David Nixon
- Dramatic Associate: Patricia Doyle
- Music: Tchaikovsky
- Arranged by John Longstaff
- Set and Costume Design: David Nixon
- Set Designs realised by: Dave Gillan
- Lighting Designer: Peter Mumford