Charity number 259140
- Hull New Theatre
- 19 - 22 May, 2010
- Box Office: 01482 226 655
Spine-chilling romance is a hot blooded affair … performances of startling conviction
THE MAIL ON SUNDAY
A vividly theatrical and carefully conceived ballet, it emphasises the hot-blooded passions of youth … fluent and lively
THE DAILY TELEGRAPH
Romeo & Juliet
Two households, both alike in dignity
In fair Verona, where we lay our scene.
Montagues; Capulets; a Ball; the balcony; fights; death; unrestrained passion; an all-consuming love; the ultimate tragedy.
Northern Ballet Theatre's classic adaptation of Shakespeare's most famous tragedy returns to the stage. Passionate and dramatic, this is ballet at its most intense.
Sets and costumes designed by the award winning Lez Brotherston, stunning dancing and Prokofiev's timeless score make NBT's critically acclaimed Romeo & Juliet an unforgettable theatrical experience.
Total running time: 2hours 24min
- Directed by Christopher Gable
- Choreography by Massimo Moricone
- Production Design by Lez Brotherston
- Assistant Director Mollie Guilfoyle
- Music by Sergei Prokofiev
- Orchestration by John Longstaff
- Lighting Design by Paul Pyant
- Fight Director Jonathan Howell
- Tour Lighting by Johnny Eyre